Count on Esk Ridge for all your metal products cutting and fabricating in Tasmania. We have the latest techniques and technologies including an advanced water jet cutting machine and the expertise and experience to handle almost any material you may want cut to size.
We not only cut metals, we weld and fabricate to your specificattions as well as helping you create your own designs for your projects however large or small.
Our commitment to excellence means you can always rely on us when it counts.
Stone – the water jet process of cutting all natural and man-made stones is simple, fast and highly effective. The very small stream size (approximately 0.040″) enables intricate patterns to be cut out, while the extremely high pressure (up to 60,000 psi) ensures thick materials (up to 6″ thick) can be easily cut.
- Extremely efficient and cost effective
- Low pressure piercing functions ensures that even the most delicate or brittle materials can be pierced without the need for pilot holes
- Can be used for a range of applications including; kitchen and bathroom splash backs, tiles etc.
- Custom border tiles
- Floor and wall inlays
- Kitchen and vanity bench tops
- Custom stepping stones
- Motel and motel floor and other architectural applications
A water jet is extremely powerful, capable of cutting up to 150mm (6)” thick stainless steel. Its very small diameter cutting stream (approximately 0.040″) allows it to produce tight corners, with very high tolerances. A water jet is a “Cold Cutting” process that produces no heat affected areas or burnt edges. These factors mean that there is little or no secondary operation required for most applications.
We can cut exotic materials such as titanium and alloy steels easily with no need to pre-drill holes. Our range of workable metals includes:
- Stainless steel
- Tool steel
- Laminates like Kevlar
- Automotive, marine, small engine, motorcycle, aircraft
- Metal, copper, Teflon, laminated (metal/fibreglass)
- Rubber, corkboard
- Stainless and graphite laminates
Foam & Rubber
- Custom foam packaging
- Automotive interior/body (door components, instrument panels, etc.)
- Dense foams (sound insulation, vibration isolation, archery targets, etc.)
- Natural rubber, plastics, cork, etc.
- Engine components (aluminium, titanium, heat-resistant alloys)
- Interior cabin panels